



Ja..............gleich zweimal kam ich gestern zufällig mit Gerhard Richter in Berührung, weshalb ich ihn hier thematisieren möchte. Zuerst war ich seit einiger Zeit mal wieder spontan im Kölner Dom, wo seit 2007 ein Kirchenfenster von Gerhard Richter zu bewundern ist. Ich liebe dieses Fenster, die Farben sind einfach großartig, besonders bei Sonnenschein! Später stieß ich dann noch in der Bahn-Zeitschrift auf einen Artikel über Gerhard Richter, über den offenbar zur Zeit gleich zwei große Ausstellungen in Hamburg zu sehen sind. Richter gilt als einer der wichtigsten lebenden Künstler und seine Bilder werden bereits zu Höchstpreisen gehandelt. Sein Werk ist wahrlich vielschichtig, ich mag besonders seine verwaschenen, unscharfen Motive.Trotzdem:
Nein...........einen "Lieblings-Künstler" habe ich nicht, dafür gab und gibt es zu viele enorm talentierte Menschen, vor deren Werken ich mich wahrlich verneige und deren Kunst mich wirklich beeindruckt. Das sind auch nicht immer nur die großen Namen, sondern durchaus auch manch unbekannte Hobby-Künstler. Nur einen von ihnen dauerhaft emporzuheben, würde den anderen Unrecht tun.
Vielleicht....deshalb noch mal zum Schluss: Gerhard Richter war gestern mein Künstler des Tages, morgen ist es bestimmt schon wieder jemand anderes!
um noch mehr "liebste künstler" zu sehen, starte hier den corner view.
Yes............yesterday I came across Gerhard Richter even twice, this is why I want to pick him out here. A first, I was in Kölner Dom since quite a while, where a church window of Gerhard Richter can be admired since 2007. I love this window, the colours are marvellous, especially in sunshine! Later, I still found an article about Gerhard Richter in the train magazine, obviously there are even two major exhibitions about him in Hamburg at the moment. Richter is classified as one of the most important living artists of these days and his paintings are already being sold at top prices. His work is really complex, I love especially his washed-out blurred motives.
Anyway:
No.............I don't have a "favourite artist", there are too many extremely talented people, to whose works I bow and whose art really impresses me a lot. These are not always people with huge names, but also some unknown hobby-artists. To raise only one of them permanently would do wrong to the others.
Maybe........therefore again in the end: Gerhard Richter was my artist-of-the-day yesterday, but tomorrow it will for sure be someone else again!
to explore some more favourite artists start corner view.
(pictures 1-3: artworks from gerhard richter, found in internet)
your washing machine is wonderfully glittery tania! and i had to laugh about the rain and your neighbor.
AntwortenLöschenit's terrible, one hears about richter ALL the time, EVERYWHERE and i had no idea what his work looks like. nor that he had made a stained glass window. thanks so much for sharing him with us, and i have to agree entirely with what you say about not being able to choose a single artist and how it doesn't have to be a "famous" one.
have a lovely rest of the week!
Thank you for introducing me to a new artist!
AntwortenLöschenein toller Künstler.
AntwortenLöschenich liebe das Fenster im Dom auch. immer wenn ich in Köln bin (aufgrund der Entfernung leider selten..), versuche ich einen Abstecher dorthin zu machen und das Fenster wirkt immer wieder neu. wirklich toll ist es bei Sonnenschein!
First, thanks for coming and saying hallo!
AntwortenLöschenThanks for the link...very interesting artist.
Will come soon again.
oh, he could be my artist of the day too. those paintings look amazing.
AntwortenLöschenthanks for the link, I like it very much ...
AntwortenLöschenArtist-of-the-day, I like that idea. I had not heard of Gerhard Richter, so I have bookmarked him. Thank you!
AntwortenLöschenLike the others, GR's name is familiar but not the images. Glad you posted this. And I agree that it is hard to name just one favorite - mine shift and evolve through time... and then there are the unknown artists who shine just as much...yes, good post.
AntwortenLöschenI think most artists don't make a living out of the art, and have to have other occupations and leave their art to the side as a hobby. It's kind of sad.
AntwortenLöschenAnother vote for artist of the day!
AntwortenLöschen