







Ja..............in manchen Momenten ist es eher nicht so lustig, Architektur zu studieren. Man fragt sich angesichts dieser Herausforderung, warum man sich das angetan hat. Nein...........ich habe eigentlich keine extreme Höhenangst, aber auf diesem Gerüst bekamen doch die meisten etwas feuchte Finger beim Auf- und Absteigen. Man musste nicht zwingend mit rauf, aber man möchte ja auch nicht die einzige Person sein, die unten bleibt, wenn einem der Prof zeigen möchte, wie an einem Schloss nach einem schweren Brand Fassade und Dach restauriert wurden. Also Zähne zusammenbeißen und hoch! Man fühlt sich anschließend stark und erleichtert und stolz, dass man sich getraut hat.
Vielleicht.....entschädigen einen nach solchen Überwindungen die Einblicke, die man danach noch ins Gebäude bekommt. Da sich dieses Schloss in Privatbesitz befindet, bleiben die Räumlichkeiten normalerweise der Öffentlichkeit verschlossen.
dieser corner view kommt von Ibabe.
Yes............sometimes it's not so funny to study architecture. In view of this challenge you ask yourself inevitably why you did this to yourself.
No.............I normally don't have extreme acrophobia, but on this scaffolding nearly all had clammy hands when climbing up and down. You didn't necessarily have to join, but you don't want to be the only person staying downstairs when the prof is going to show how façade and roof of a castle were rebuilt after a huge fire. So grit your teeth and up! Afterwards, you feel strong and relieved and proud you had the courage.
Maybe........gaining an insight into the building is quite a compensation after overcoming. As this castle is privately owned, it's normally closed to the public.
this corner view comes from Ibabe.
I was getting a bit dizzy just sitting here! I'm not good with heights either. Big kudos for reaching beyond your fears.
AntwortenLöschenI did this last week while taking photos for a restaurant. I didn't want the gent to know I was afraid of height, so I kept avoiding the huge ladder he brought out. Finally I said a small silent prayer and bit the bullet and climb up the ladder. Of course I went faster down then up. :-) xo
I think fear is what we are all fighting. Good post.
AntwortenLöschenHerzlichen Glückwunsch zur gelungenen Überwindung! Ich habe manchmal so Leiteralpträume… so ungefähr wie auf Deinen Fotos. Liebe Grüsse!
AntwortenLöschenWahnsinn -ich habe Höhenangst und ich wäre sehr wahrscheinlich als Einzige unten geblieben. Das finde ich jedenfalls sehr, sehr mutig von dir.
AntwortenLöscheni still remember the fear I felt when climbing and spiraling up the leaning tower of pisa, back when there was no protection whatsoever - and it was too narrow to turn back, else I would have!
AntwortenLöschenYes, it is empowering to go outside our comfort zones!
AntwortenLöschenMeine Hochachtung!!! Nicht nur für Deinen Mut, in diese luftigen Höhen zu klettern und dann noch herrliche Fotos zu machen, sondern auch für die speziellen Einblicke in die herrschaftlichen Räumlichkeiten.
AntwortenLöschenLieben Gruß
moni
P.S.: War so frei und habe Dich abonniert! :)
You're very brave :) another positive thought: you must really love it when you look at the effort you put in it.. (i hope :)
AntwortenLöscheni guess you have to suffer for your architecture too! if this is the first of many times that you'll be exploring a structure from on high, hopefully it will get easier and more fun with each new visit.
AntwortenLöscheni so agree with you about how japan has disappeared from the news. at least you all in germany acted quickly and decided to renounce nuclear. here in america it's been swept under the carpet much because the industry and regulators are too friendly to each other and the plants suffer from the same neglect as in japan. it hasn't even made the front pages here that the contamination was actually two times what the authorities said it was at the time.
this too will pass?
bruxelles, 1707, huh?
AntwortenLöschenha ha!
now then. i would NOT climb up that scaffolding, if they'd push me... brave heart you are!!
n♥
Oh, you are brave! And you got rewarded big time. To visit a privately owned castle like that, wow!
AntwortenLöschenwow....how brave indeed!! i bet the indoors was a warm welcome after climbing up so high and i hope you have learned something from this experience on the roof!
AntwortenLöschenDas muss doch entschädigt haben - in normalerweise der Öffentlichkeit verschlossenen Räumen stöbern - ich mag ja sowas :-)
AntwortenLöschenyou are brave :) great post!
AntwortenLöschen