Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

corner view: music



Ja
...........
...Musik ist mein Salz in der Suppe. Unverzichtbar. Konzerte. Tanzen Gehen. Und immer den MP3-Player dabei.
Nein...........meine Bandbreite dabei lässt sich unmöglich eingrenzen. Ich liebe Northern Soul und Ska, 60er Beat und Independent, Punk und Pop, Rockabilly und Variétés Françaises, oder was immer grad mein Herz oder meine Hüften berührt.
Vielleicht....wähle ich ganz bewusst einen deutschsprachigen Lieblingssong der letzten Zeit aus: Thees Uhlmann - Zum Laichen und Sterben zieh'n die Lachse den Fluß hinauf. Den Titel interpretiere ich so, dass man sich auf seine Wurzeln besinnt, wenn man älter wird oder einschneidende Dinge im Leben passieren. Ich mag die Super8-Sequenzen im Video, die wohl jedem meines Alters bekannt vorkommen dürften. Sie könnten aus meiner eigenen Kindheit in der Provinz stammen.

Dieses corner view Thema war eine Idee von Dana.

Yes............music is what adds spice to my life. Essential. Concerts. Go dancing. And always the mp3-player packed.
No.............my range is impossible to narrow down. I love Northern Soul and Ska, 60s Beat and Independent, Punk and Pop, Rockabilly and Variétés Françaises, or whatever just touches my heart or hips.
Maybe........I deliberatley choose one of my latest favourite German-speaking songs: Thees Uhlmann - Zum Laichen und Sterben zieh'n die Lachse den Fluss hinauf (=To spawn and die the salmons swim up the river). I take the title as a symbol for our aim to return to the roots when reaching a certain age or making incisive experiences. I love the Super8-film sequences in the video, which might be familiar to everyone of my age. They could be originated from my own childhood in german province.

This corner view theme was an idea of Dana.

18 Kommentare:

  1. Wonderful video and great use of old style video footage!
    It's very true about returning to our roots at a certain age or at least finally appreciating them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. My first concert was actually in Europe: Joan Baez at Tivoli Grund in Stockholm 1970. I've come a long way baby. Last show I saw a local CD release party for a benefit EP last Saturday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Zuerst überlegte ich, wieso mir die Bilder so familiär erscheinen, bin ich doch noch mal ne Ecke älter. Klar, ich kann mich natürlich an meine frühe Kindheit wie im Video gar nicht erinnern. So passt es zeitlich zusammen.
    Klasse Zusammenschnitt.
    Grüße aus HH
    Tally

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I like the first image of your music! xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I like the colors of your music in your first photo. xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I like this song and the video too! Thank you, I didn't know this band.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Das ist ein sehr schöner Beitrag von Dir. Mir gefällt auch Dein "bunter" Musikgeschmack sehr gut.
    Viele Grüße, Synnöve

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. oh, that's the life I'd like to have - concerts, dancing, mp3 (I do have one, but my boys are always "borrowing" it!).

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Fabulous Corner View. I need more concerts, and more dancing, too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I can feel your love of the music, great song and share,Thanks!
    Sorry you couldn't view mine, the song is called "ooh, ooh child"...it is also a nostalgic song from my past,... I guess with posting a video that happens sometimes with not being able to view.hopefully next one you can see!. I could see yours:))

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. oh, honey bee, and you were questioning MY music? ha ha ;P just kidding

    music (whatever tickles our fancy) is just a wonderful thing. hoorah to music.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I loved the video - recognized a lot from my own childhood as well.

    I do enjoy music a lot (always play cd's in my studio), and would love to go to concerts more, but we have very few opportunity to do so.

    Also, I like the hint of philosophy in the song.

    Nicki

    PS Thank you for your kind comments. Having pets is indeed special, though bittersweet at times.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. i have listened to the song, it's catchy. love the sound of the title, very philosophic too. [i LOVE the way of the salmon.]
    handsome singer, by the way! shows character.
    ;)))

    you've written a lovely momentum here.
    hear, hear!
    n♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Thanks for sharing. I can't remember when the last time I went dancing. Miss it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. I enjoyed the energy in the video and the tune was upbeat and fun although I hadn't a clue what he was saying! :>)

    AntwortenLöschen