Nein............Karl der Große gehörte nicht dazu, er legte vielmehr mit der Gründung seiner Kaiserpfalz in Aachen den Grundstein für diese Tradition.
Vielleicht.....wäre Aachen also ohne seine Krönungsgeschichte ziemlich unbedeutend geblieben, und so lag es für mich nahe, Kaiser Karl zu zeichnen, dem man hier dauernd über den Weg läuft.
Stefanie krönt die drawing challenge diese Woche mit ihrem Thema.
Yes.............I live in emperor city, at least this is what Aachen likes to call itself, the crown is sort of omnipresent here. The king's throne in the Aachen cathedral, the coronation hall within the town-hall or the cathedral's treasury, mostly all important sightseeing spots have something to do with the crown, small wonder, when nearly all roman-german kings from 10th to 16th century were crowned in Aachen cathedral.
No..............Charlemagne wasn't one of them, he rather laid the foundation for this tradition by establishing his imperial palace in Aachen.
Maybe.........Aachen would have stayed quite insignificant without its coronation background, and so it was obvious for me to take Charlemagne as my drawing subject, a person you can't avoid to run into all-around here.
Stefanie crowns this week's drawing challenge by her theme.



oh so viel krone direkt vor der haustür! ich gratuliere ;) und müsste gewaltig nachdenken ... wo ich die nächst beste krone zu gesicht bekäme ... muss mal nachfragen.
AntwortenLöschendir ein schönes wochenende . tabea
Thank you for this information, very interesting and well, I am not good in history...
AntwortenLöschenAnd like I already told I really like your drawings on squared (kariertem, sorry) paper, is it always the same sketchbook? The drawing is fantastic!
x und ein königliches Wochenende,
Stefanie
In der Tat, es ist wieder das gleiche Skizzenbuch wie letztes Mal, mein kariertes Moleskine.
Löschenaachen ist ja in der tat prädestiniert für das thema. wir haben hier ja den heinrich, aber der hat meistens keine krone auf, stattdessen muss immer der löwe herhalten.
AntwortenLöschendein karl ist wunderbar, ich mag seinen löckchenbart (und das karierte papier sowieso).
dann grüß ihn mal den charles und hab ein schönes wochenende, mano
haha, wie überrascht ich bin mit deiner krone; ich kenne diesen nämlich sehr gut; ich wohne ungefähr 20 minuten von aachen weg, und komme sehr oft da, ich mag die stadt sehr! ich wohne gerade über die grenze... sehr schöne zeichnung!
AntwortenLöschenDas ist ja lustig! Vielleicht sieht man sich mal?
LöschenLOve your crown interpretation...I too like the graph paper you have drawn it on.
AntwortenLöschenPardon my ignorance, I had never heard about this. you live in a major city, really!!!!!!
AntwortenLöschenI love your drawing on grid paper- a combination of new and old..such wonderful history in your city thank you for the little tour ;)
AntwortenLöschenthe man must have loved it there...
AntwortenLöschenyour use of pencil mirrors the color of the statue,i like how you wrote his name on the page too,fine post, x
beautiful pencil drawing
AntwortenLöschenand I like the grid paper too
did you draw whiole standing there, in the cold?....
brrrrr!
and thank you for the story
love Patrice A.
Haha, no Patrice, I didn't draw him there! I would have become a statue, too, a frozen one, just right on his side! ;o)
LöschenDo you realize how amazing it is to live in a city with statues like this?! We have none in Nanaimo.
AntwortenLöschenDoes drawing on graph pages complicate things for you? or is it helpful with say perspective etc? Have a good week.
To be honest, I don't realize the graph pattern at all while I'm drawing on it...it's just like any other material I'm drawing on and I absolutely don't use it for perspective things. I got this graph paper book as a present and so I took it for a sketchbook, that's it. ;o)
LöschenWow! Powerful photographs, Tania. I dream of visiting such a city as this one day. -sus
AntwortenLöschen