Sonntag, 8. Juni 2014

drawing challenge · upside down

Ja...............Zahlen-Spielchen in der Mathestunde...erinnert ihr euch? Habt ihr auch mit dem Taschenrechner verkehrtherum Botschaften geschrieben?
Yes.............playing with numbers during maths...do you remember? Did you also write messages with your calculator upside down?
(LIEBE = Love)

Nein............der kopfstehende Ampelmann ist nicht neu, ich habe ihn schonmal gezeigt. Aber das ist lange her und er passt nunmal so schön in diesen Post. Wer ihn kopfstehen ließ, wissen wir nicht, was meine Welt auf den Kopf stellt, hat meist mit Herzensdingen, mit Ortswechseln, mit Verlusten und mit Neuanfängen zu tun.
No..............this upside down Mr. Traffic Lights isn't new, I've already shown him earlier. But that's long ago and he matches this theme perfectly. We don't know who put him upside down, but things that turn my world upside down have mostly to do with matters of the heart, with movements, with losses and with new beginnings.

Vielleicht.....wäre ein Ambigramm ein ideales Motiv, dachte ich mir, denn Ambigramme lesen sich verkehrtherum genau gleich wie richtigherum, etwas Beständiges im Verdrehten. Dann stieß ich aber bei der Suche nach Inspiration auf dieses Ambigramm (eigentlich ein Foto von einem gestochenen Tattoo) und war geflasht von seiner, auf dem Kopf gelesen, völlig neuen Aussage. Noch viel besser, wie ich finde, und darum wurde es zu meiner Scherenschnitt-Vorlage.

Scherenschnitt 17,5 x 8 cm. 

Danke, Patrice, dass Du unser Denken mit Deinem Thema auf den Kopf gestellt hast!


Maybe.........an ambigram would be an ideal subject, I thought, because ambigrams can be read exactly the same both correct and upside down, something constant within the twisted. But when I searched for inspiration, I came across this one (in fact a photo of a tattoo) and was totally flashed by the different meaning that comes out when turned upside down. Even a lot better, don't you think? And so it became the template for my papercut.

papercut, 17,5 x 8 cm

Thank you, Patrice, for turning our thinking upside down by choosing this theme!

16 Kommentare:

  1. Oh yes, playing with numbers during maths. Completely forgot this. That's a reminder! Mister red upside down wants to swim in green water. Well I agree, upside down-matters are often heart matters. Thank you for sharing

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. calculator fun. yes!
    traffic light man... ha!
    art, science & philosophy! what a winner!!
    crikeys, tanïa, you've cracked a code..!
    n♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi, friend
    It's amazing how you can write numbers on a calculator, and read words in all languages​​. long time ago when I worked in an office. I used to have fun in that silly way when I did not work to do.
    That man, in the light, is not of northern hemispheric, that light is from my country, it is known that the Southern Hemisphere is the underside of the planet, and obviously, all those who live there, we walked head below! ;)
    And the word with two meanings it surprised me. How anyone can create this? really, I guess it is impossible for me. my intelligence, reaches only to the palindromes as Amor-Roma or Leon-Noel :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. A nice interpretation of the theme. I also thought of posting my blog post upside down...:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. haha, ich erinnere mich an den Taschenrechner, so witzig! Die Ampel ist auch toll, habe das Foto wohl verpasst als du es schonmal gezeigt hast… Und du bist wirklich die Meisterin in Scherenschnitte! echt! So viel Interpretationen möglich, das mag ich sehr an dein ja-nein-vielleicht blog. Das sollte man vielleicht im "richtigen" leben auch öfter tun, so denk meine ich. Danke für deine liebe Worte auf meinem blog, das ist genau das was ich sagen wollte… und ja, ich meistens viel zu sensitiv und versuche irgendwie damit um zu gehen. Danke nochmals!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I have seen numbers played into words, but i have never done that.
    i also have never heard of words you can turn upside down, i love what you did with that, beautiful paper cutting! I wonder if it was too much work to turn the light the right way after it was installed upside down. fun.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh that's fantastic Tania!! the paper cut I love it...and have just spent the past few minutes checking it back and forth to see if it was real - super!
    Also love the the calculator fun- so clever your post this time :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Yes, yes, yes, you clever girl. This post was fun. I studied that calligraphic writing minutely as well. There is no limit to the imagination of folk hey? I missed out on the whole upsidedown calculator writing in my life, so it is new to me. More fun. Thanks for this joy Tania! N, xo
    p.s. I have to say that I am going to run out today and start looking at the second-hand stores for small white vases. You have sparked my desire for them. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Brilliant! I decided I wanted a completely different degree a few years ago and went back to Uni and in one class the student card scanner always said "HELLO" I thought it was charming. Love your paper cut out. I actually turned my computer upside down and right side up again several times to see it from every angle. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. was es bei Dir mal wieder alles gibt – mit dem Taschenrechner habe ich nie geschrieben, schade, das hätte sicher die Mathestunden verkürzt…
    liebe Grüsse !

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. oh yes! sweet secondary-school-memories! ;^)))
    but that papercut.... wauw!
    what a reat find and beautiful work from you
    thank you!
    Patrice A.
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Oh yes I have those memories too. I remember sitting in the math's lesson doing exactly that :) I love your idea and in Holland we also wrote the word olliebol. I bet now a days they write the word lol.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. You gave me a new word - and concept - today! Ambigram! Wonderful!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Hey, i forgot all about the way numbers can form words upside-down! And I like letters (reading) much better than numbers (maths).
    Happy week to you, Tania,
    sus

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Hach herrlich, klar erinnere ich mich and die Taschenrechnerspielchen, wie sollte man sonst die Schulzeit rumkriegen und der Ampelmann ist so grossartig, den kannst du von mir aus noch 5 mal zeigen und ich freue mich immer noch (büsch'n blöd wie?).
    Und was das Ambigramm (wieder was dazu gelernt, das sind so die Ausdrücke, die ich mir sowieso nie merken kann), kann ich es weder vorwärts, noch rückwärts noch auf dem Kopf lesen, äh also ähm.. sieht aber hübsch aus, ich steht grad Kopf.
    liebe Grüße, ich hoffe bei euch war nicht Land unter?
    barbara bee

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. äh, mit dem taschenrechner schreiben?? bin ich zu blöd dazu...
    aber dein philosphie-scherenschnitt ist spitzenmäßig. unglaublich, dass das wirklich andersrum artscience heißt - ich musste wirklich viermal hinschauen...
    liebe grüße von mano

    AntwortenLöschen